Monday, August 06, 2007

I Recall



Now that he had started her remembering, recollections
– like flotsam on a river in sudden spate – came dancing,
gliding, bobbing and bumping across her reluctant mind.


Fanny by Gaslight, Michael Sadleir 1940


Sharyn has been questioning memory and recollection
for several years, since a statement from a family
member led to emotional and physical estrangement.

“Remembering seems to be a process of selection
and using that selection to move forward, positively
or negatively. What I remember, subconsciously or
not, reflects my personality and shapes my life.
Or maybe my personality dictates what I choose to
remember.”

In this exhibition I Recall, she explores her
childhood memories and recent recollections
and has created Art Objects recalling A Dream,
A Face and A Fragmented Memory Collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your exhibition sharyn!...and Happy Birthday!!!!